Orbitrap Elite -TFS- 2012
Installation date: February 2012
- The Orbitrap Elite is a hybrid system composed with a linear ion trap (LTQ Velos Pro) and an Orbitrap cell. Thanks to its scan speed and sensitivity, the instrument allow the analysis of complex mixtures of proteins.
- Connected with a nano-chromatography system using C18 column (75 µm x 50 cm) , from 2000 to 4000 proteins are identified in 2 hours runs.
- The sequence information are obtained after CID, HCD or ETD fragmentation.
- The instrument was acquired thanks to the financial support of the Fondation ARC pour la Recherche sur le Cancer and INSERM.
- Resolution: 120 000 (M/ΔM) with standard MS scan, up to 240 000 (M/ΔM) à 400 m/z
- Accuracy: <10 ppm with external calibration
- Sensitivity with nanoLC in the range of fentomole
- Dynamic range on 3 to 5 magnitudes
- scan speed between 0.2 and 2 seconds depending on the resolution
Linear trap specifications
- Resolution: 1000 (M/ΔM) in rapid scan mode
- Accuracy: between 0.15 and 0.6 Da in rapid scan mode
- Scan speed: around 0.1 second in rapid scan mode
QTOF Xevo –- Waters - 2015
Installation date: March 2015
- The QTOF Xevo is equipped with a nanospray source and a standard ESI source. The chromatographic system (Acquity class M) is used for both nanoLC (C18 column, 75µm x 25 cm) and more conventional column (1 mm I.D.). The QTOF Xevo is used for the analysis of protein with LC-MS (C4 columns) and the quantification of peptides and little molecules
- Resolution: 30000 (M/ΔM) in standard MS scan
- -Accuracy: <10 ppm with external calibration
- NanoLC MS sensitivity in the range of femtomole (peptide)
- Scan speed from 0.1 to 1 second depending on sensitivity